Monday, August 24, 2009

Climbing Mount Kenya

The day finally arrived. About 25 students and faculty set out on February 26, 2009 to face our mountain. Read to the end and you'll find out how many made it to the top. :)
The trip would take us 6 days, 2 of which were for traveling, the rest would be hiking, sleeping, hiking, sleeping.... We hiked a total of 24 hours in a period of 4 days. So many prep hikes, black toe nails, sore muscles, dead nerves (some of which I'm still trying to revive!) and many more aches and pains. Memories, memories! Some I rather NOT remember! Enjoy as I retell our "Climbing Mt. Kenya" story. And to think that I, prior to this hike, had considered climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro!



Couldn't tell you what kind of deer these are. We call them Mt. Kenya deer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: