This is our front yard. Yes, Maxwell loves to keep their landscaping looking beautiful. It helps too when the temperature is pleasant! In the very back of the picture you can see the outline of the Ngong Hills. We can clearly see them on a sunny day. We were there the last time we visited Kenya. Very windy and cold, but gorgeous view! I will post pictures next time we go see it.
There are lots of banana trees on our yard. Some will be ready to pick soon. They are so good! Especially the little ones, they are very sweet. Unfortunately, there are no mango trees on our yard, other families on campus do have them, however. Fruits and vegetables are so cheap here and so yummy! In fact, we have been eating so much of it that we are suffering some side affects! :)
On this picture, to the right, you see part of the huge garden the previous principal and his wife had (Mr. and Mrs. Thomas). It is probably bigger than I am use to. The Lord has a sense of humor. I was a bit disappointed to let go of my small garden when we sold the house and thought "All this labor....and someone else will enjoy the benefits!" God is great! There is corn, tomatoes, lettuce, and some other things I have no idea what they are! I should probably check with someone before eating it, huh?
There are big trees in the yard, some are acacia trees (which was the wood that was used to make the ark of the covenant). We also have lots of flowers (perfect for bird watching!) As some of you may know, thanks to Pastor Cook, Nikki and Jean, I am a bird lover! Thank you Jean, that book has come in handy. And, fortunately, I am in a little piece of heaven! (we'd like think so!) Sorry guys! You are welcome to come see us (and the birds, of course)! I have added a few birds to my list. Would you like to see it? Too bad if you don't :). Here it is anyway, for the bird lovers: speckled mouse bird, white brow sparrow weaver, hunter's sunbird (one of my favorites), superb starling, variable sunbird (beautiful), pemba sunbird (similar to variable), olive thrush, bronze tailed starling (beautiful), pied crow (noisy birds), lilac breasted roller, grey headed king fisher, white stork, african mourning dove, northern pied babbler, bronze sunbird (my favorite), common bulbul. Really, they are all my favorites! They are all beautiful! So many birds, so little time! So far only 16. I am hoping to see more as I have the time. There are at least 50 different kinds of sunbirds! They are all gorgeous! I am having a difficult time with the yellow birds. The only difference may be a spot on the wing. There are a gazillion of them! Any suggestions?
This is the kitchen. I have more cabinet space than kitchen items. Oh how I wish I could have brought my kitchen items!. Oh well! Derek keeps telling me to quit wishing :( I am thankful that Susan has looked for things for us as missionaries leave for the states, or wherever home is. Many times they leave valuable things behind, like a nice metal cooking spoon, a pitcher, a glass dish... you get the picture?
This is the dinning room and living room. Very roomy. I've always wanted an eight-chair dinning room table...I now have it! I just had to move to Africa :)
Not particular fond of the color... but it is growing on me. Blue is becoming my favorite color...hahaha
Nice and spacious living room. I believe this house is bigger than the one we had. We definitely don't bump into each other or things when we go into the kitchen.
Plenty or room to have friends over....Just let us know when so that not everybody will come at once!
I will try to post new things a little sooner. Please bear with me. Thank you guys!
1 comment:
Whew! I am so relieved!! :) Something just didn't ring true with the "hut" pictures and the pictures I remembered you showing at the church before you left. I'm thinking that this makes the transition a little easier. Ha! Yani, I loved the part about the garden. God does do a lot of things to make us smile, and relax in His care. Thanks for the update! -Kristen
Post a Comment